Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July. This is my first post and so it's mostly a test. When I was a kid I dreamed of seeing the world (as I still do), and I remember sitting in my basement in Seattle looking at a globe or reading my world almanac and imagining that someday I would live somewhere on the other side of the world and not come back to America. However, now that I have gotten to see the world I realize how truly blessed I am to live here and how millions of people around the world give up everything and everyone they have to come to this country and that I do not really want to live in another country. This upcoming year will be one of many adventures and much excitement, but now I am thinking of what I am leaving behind here and more importantly, who is not going to be with me, and it is really hard. I am reflecting on this Fourth of July on all the greatness that America has given me and that I have yet to receive from and give to this nation, as well as what I will miss and be most nostalgic for during the upcoming year. Happy 4th of July and G-d bless America.

1 comment:

  1. Be safe Sam!

    Looking forward to reading you blog throughout the entire year.

    ReplyDelete